Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Surya Grahan... And the New Beginning.

This week is really great in terms of Astronomy। 20th July saw the 40th anniversary of the greatest achievement of mankind... the Man landed on the Moon! And today it was the solar eclipse... the great celestial event in our galaxy. This was the longest eclipse in 21st century. So many dimensions are attached to this astonishing event. It has religious, scientific, geographic, significance and every strata of life has its own perspective of looking at this wonderful event. And I missed it... I remember in 1999, I experienced the partial solar eclipse from Nagpur and I was nothing but mesmerised and amazed to see it... Such a big giant star and its just shadowed by significantly small moon. Very philosophical!

I was reading an article about eclipse in a magezine... and I was taken to the infinity in Universe... a deep space without end and still I am trying to trace where its going, why it has no end। Everything that has a beginning...has an end; but it doesn't apply to the space...because it IS a SPACE... an unending frontier... where there is no sense of dimensions... an infinity in true sense.



Back into reality, I realised that its also the आषाढ़स्य अन्तिम दिवसे... the end of Ashadh... Its a new moon... also called as दीप अमावस्या... People used to burn the light and enlighten the dark night... and welcome the श्रावण month। A cheerful month, raining everywhere, hide and seek of sun and clouds... fragrance of wet soil ... and Bhutte ... wow. Come Shravan and nature spreads green carpet on earth. The most auspicious month of all, it just engulf us in synergy of beauty and cultural manifestations.

I am still feeling the fragrance of श्रावण...

No comments:

Post a Comment