Monday, July 20, 2009

Lazy Monday ...zzzzzz!!!!!!

Sometimes I feel why there is a Monday! Every Monday I think why its not another extended Sunday...Wishfull thinking... Especially since Mukta and Madhura are at home on Monday, its difficult to leave the house and go back to work! Hmmm... work on Monday! When I go to the office, morning is gone in drinking coffee, reading newspaper, talking with friends and suddenly its lunch time...great! But afternoon always go very slow. And where is work nowadays? In this recession time, going to office is just a paid punishment... how many times can I read newspaper? How long can I read the technical articles? Many times I decided, yesss...its Monday...lets start updating my knowledge... lets do some creative work and reading... and my resolutions just get evaporated after 2 hours. I wonder how I would have completed my PhD... had I got into the Phd?!?! Doing same work for 4 years...neee...its not my type... We all need change and something new everyday... and then the monotonous life creep in when we get into our jobs and family and things become so much the same that we keep on rotating in our own helix. David says its a 'Quarter Life Crisis' ... man I am already in thirties and now its a crisis! Damn! Do you know how to identify a Dutch man...David explains; You have a car, two kids and a dog ... and you wash your car with all, eating a sandwich with your wife, on Sunday afternoon... You are Dutch!!! We laugh! ... A quarter life scenario...isn't it?

.... And I keep thinking about it every monday...

BUT, Madhura let me forget it when I see her smiling face. How can I get bored when she is around. Good thing about this long gone (?) weekend was that we had a FREE weekend after a looong time... no appointments, no guests, no-one was coming over and we all were together, spending time together... watched a movie, had a nice shopping and day out in centrum and had a very nice dinner together...at home :)

Then there will be yet another Tuesday, Madhura will go to créche, I will drop Mukta to her office and go to work... getting yet another cup of black coffee...and the newspaper is waiting for me ...

I am in the helix...

1 comment:

  1. MANASI : Man! I have sort of same feelings for every monday!! so I can imagine that n that too when you have 2 cute ladies in your life!!!!
    God knows how extreme will be my feelings when I will start playing a Doubles Game....
    But there is still time for it.....
    It's really good that you can actually write n share your feelings with everyone...... n believe me unknowingly u r giving me lessons about how beautiful life is and will be..... especially when u see many problems happening around....I really need such soothing experiences and words ....thanx bro....u owe me a lot.....I will surely repay it by sharing same sort of things..... my promise

    ReplyDelete